For Mother’s Day weekend we went on a little getaway to the Island. For special occasions we usually try to pick something a little more “fancy”. This time around we booked a room at The Hilton Garden Inn. We have never stayed at a hotel more than once but that’s all changing after staying at this place. I absolutely loved this hotel. Here is what The Hilton Garden Inn offers at a glance;
- On the beach with oceanfront swimming pool
- Near the Convention Center, the birding and nature center, and Clayton’s Beach Bar.
- Made-to-order breakfast, dinner and evening room service
- Full-service bar and restaurant service at the pool and deck
- Over 12,000 sq. ft. of function space to host 800 guests
- Beautiful rooms and suites, each with a microwave and mini-fridge
Since the Hotel offered so much, seriously this place is like a resort, we decided we were going to stay on the hotel grounds the entire weekend. Check in time for the hotel is at 3pm. We arrived around 3:20 and our room was not ready yet. The staff was extremely apologetic and assured us they would call us as soon as our room was available. They offered to hold our luggage so we could explore the hotel but we decided to wait in the seating area instead. After about 15 minutes our room was ready. Upon checking in they gave us our room keys, parking pass, wrist bands for the pool area, and a ticket for that nights entertainment on the deck.
The room was very nice, spacious, and clean. This is 3 star hotel so it wasn’t luxurious, but the bed was soft, the shower was huge, and they had your typical hotel amenities. After dropping our stuff off we went back down stairs to the hotel’s restaurant, Barry’s International. The dinning area was huge and they also had a bar. Sadly, they only had what appeared to be one server on the floor, which made for a long wait time. Thankfully our waiter was really nice and tried his best to be attentive. The restaurant offered a variety of meal options, my husband had a big plate of fajita tacos, I had a shrimp cocktail and fish tacos, and the baby had rice with avocado. The food was delicious. Seriously if you are staying at this hotel plan to eat there too, it won’t disappoint.
We spent most our stay in the pool area. They have one big pool with a walk in entrance and a small 1 ft. children’s pool with a waterfall and small slide. The large pool is lined with these really cool cabana type chairs, they also have regular outdoor chairs, seating did not seem to be an issue. The hotel provide towels and guest also have to wear a wrist bands. Also, I loved that you could order food and drinks out there as well.
At night we went to the Deck area to listen to the live entertainment and watch the fireworks, which they do every night at 9:15pm, during the summer months. By that time the toddler was exhausted to we headed back to our room and ordered room service. We had pizza and it was amazing.
Overall we had such a wonderful experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. We loved how friendly everyone was, from the front desk person to the house keepers. And you can tell they try really hard to provide the absolute best customer service and experience.
Oh, I also wanted to add a few other note worthy features;
- Awesome beach access.
- They have outdoor showers on the deck to help wash off the sand.
- The the huge #SP feature is very cool and perfect for pictures.
- If you want to book an excursion or rent a golf cart they have a kiosk inside.
- They have a small shop inside, you know just incase your forgot a tooth brush or flip flops.
- They offer a breakfast buffet.
- There is a food truck on the deck.
Have you ever stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn – What did you think?