This post is sponsored by Beech-Nut® . All opinions are my own.
When Sofia was a baby, feeding time was much easier. I didn’t have to worry if she was getting enough to eat or if she was getting the right amount of veggies in her diet. My go-to baby food was always Beech-Nut® Naturals™. This line of baby food purées are 100% natural, nothing artificial. Plus, she loved it. Now that she is two years old and a picky eater, It is much more difficult to get her to eat anything!!. I had to come up with a new way to ensure she gets her veggies. The perfect solution, veggie muffins!
After searching all over Pinterest, I was able to combine and change a few recipes to create something that worked for me. Most importantly, I wanted to use the Beech-Nut® Naturals™ baby food purées because I know they are made with real fruits and vegetables, just like you would use at home. These no sugar added carrot muffins are super easy to make, and Sofia is a big fan.
Here’s how I made them.
- 3 4oz jars of Beech-Nut® Naturals™ Just Carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Place Beech-Nut® Naturals™ Just Carrots purée in a large bowl
- Add eggs, and butter/oil
- Beat these wet ingredients together with a hand-held beater, should become smooth
- Add the flour and baking powder
- Beat for a further 30-60 seconds to make a well-mixed batter
- Portion into an oiled muffin tin. Mix makes 12 standard sized muffins or 30 mini muffins
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 mins (for mini muffins, cooking time will be longer for standard size)
- These muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days, or they can be frozen.