When Sofia was a baby, feeding time was so much easier. First of all, I didn’t have to worry if she was getting enough to eat or if she was getting the right amount of veggies in her diet. My go-to baby food was always Beech-Nut® Naturals™. I liked this line of baby food because the purées are 100% natural, nothing artificial. She evidently loved it, because we rarely had any issues when it came time to eat. Now that she is two years old and super picky, it is much more difficult to get her to eat anything! For that reason that I had to come up with a new way to ensure she gets her veggies in. The perfect solution, veggie muffins!
After searching all over Pinterest, I was finally able to combine, and change up a few recipes to create something that worked surprisingly well. Most importantly, I wanted to use the Beech-Nut® Naturals™ baby food purées in the recipe, since I knew they are made with real fruits and vegetables, just like you would use at home. These no sugar added carrot muffins are super easy to make and not to mention, Sofia is a big fan.
Here’s how I made them.
- 3 4oz jars of Beech-Nut® Naturals™ Just Carrots
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Place Beech-Nut® Naturals™ Just Carrots purée in a large bowl
- Add eggs, and butter/oil
- Beat these wet ingredients together with a hand-held beater, should become smooth
- Add the flour and baking powder
- Beat for a further 30-60 seconds to make a well-mixed batter
- Portion into an oiled muffin tin. Mix makes 12 standard sized muffins or 30 mini muffins
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 mins (for mini muffins, cooking time will be longer for standard size)
- Finally, these muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days, or they can be frozen.
Super simple, right? Are there anyways that you sneak veggies into your toddler’s meals?
Let me know!